5K Walk for a Well: Everyone deserves clean water!
Saturday, June 23, 2012
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Malawi Orphan Care Project will hosta walkathon at the Gorman Nature Center on Saturday, June 23rd from 8am to Noon. They want to raise $20,000 for the Kanyenyeva Orphan Care Ministry in Malawi, Africa. $15,000 will be used to put in a well and water holding tank that will serve about 1,900 people who live by the orphan project. Currently they walk about 3 miles to the nearest well for clean water. $3,000 will be used to build a kitchen for the orphan project. Currently the women cook over open fires in a nearby field. The kitchen would allow 10 people to work in a shelter with more efficient wood burning stoves. $2,000 will be used to plaster and paint their meeting hall. Register by June 10 and receive a t-shirt. Registration fee is $10. All walkers are encouraged to raise at least $100 in donations. Registration, walker and donor forms can be found at http://www.malawiorphancareproject.org or call Joy Jones at 419-989-9358 or Angie Kaschube at 419-571-1734.
« Back to Calendar
- May 17thView our graduation pictures!
- May 25thPhotos and video: Senior prom for senior citizens
- May 24thKeeping folks in stitches: Crocheting keeps Mansfield woman, 80, busy
- May 24thSlow driving, other behaviors infuriate Ohio motorists
- May 24thSpirituality: This Memorial Day, let's remember war's real price