5K Walk for a Well: Everyone deserves clean water!
Saturday, June 23, 2012
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Malawi Orphan Care Project will hosta walkathon at the Gorman Nature Center on Saturday, June 23rd from 8am to Noon. They want to raise $20,000 for the Kanyenyeva Orphan Care Ministry in Malawi, Africa. $15,000 will be used to put in a well and water holding tank that will serve about 1,900 people who live by the orphan project. Currently they walk about 3 miles to the nearest well for clean water. $3,000 will be used to build a kitchen for the orphan project. Currently the women cook over open fires in a nearby field. The kitchen would allow 10 people to work in a shelter with more efficient wood burning stoves. $2,000 will be used to plaster and paint their meeting hall. Register by June 10 and receive a t-shirt. Registration fee is $10. All walkers are encouraged to raise at least $100 in donations. Registration, walker and donor forms can be found at http://www.malawiorphancareproject.org or call Joy Jones at 419-989-9358 or Angie Kaschube at 419-571-1734.
« Back to Calendar
- September 19thCommunity Baby Shower benefiting the Pregnancy Care Center of Wayne County
- September 20thMansfield Christian School Drive 4 UR Communityl
- September 20th2014 Columbus Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
- September 19thPrisoner escapes from Ashland County Jail
- September 18thRichland County faces salt shortage after harsh winter
- September 18thMansfield council discusses new fueling stations for Fire Department