WORLD RENOWED MEDICAL ANTHROPOLIGIST TO SPEAK AT CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY
Thursday, April 25, 2013
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
251 N Main St
Debra Budiani-Saberi, medical anthropologist and executive director and founder for the Coalition for Organ-Failure Solutions (COFS) will speak at Cedarville University on April 25th at 4pm. Budiani-Saberi will discuss transplant tourism, the organ trafficking human rights violation occurring around the world. COFS seeks to end organ trafficking internationally by carrying out preventive initiatives, raising awareness, providing support to survivors and gathering research in order to protect targeted or vulnerable individuals and groups. Budiani-Saberi has consulted the World Health Organization and the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime on organ trafficking. She has also been a featured speaker on numerous radio and television programs. Budiani-Saberi also serves as a guest lecturer on organ trafficking for universities worldwide. Social work professionals can receive two ethics continuing education units (CEU) and nursing professionals will receive one CEU by attending this event. This educational community event will be held in the Stevens Student Center and is free and open to the public. The event will conclude with light refreshments and professional networking opportunities.
« Back to Calendar
- September 30thCommunity Baby Shower benefiting the Pregnancy Care Center of Wayne County
- September 30thFinancial Peace University
- October 1stAbbie Cobb Chapel
- September 30thFor Sale or Lease: Galionâ€™s Big Four Depot
- September 29thLocal families benefit from "Whoâ€™s Your Hero?" 5K
- September 29thInvestigation closed in the death of Richland County Prosecutor James Mayer Jr.