Tom Russell - Heritage Christian Counseling Ministries
Every Thursday during the 8 o'clock and 9 o'clock hour, WVMC General Manager Scott Saunders and Tom Russell from Heritage Christian Counseling Ministries sit down and talk about issues facing the family.
Topic for October 9th & 16th: Pastor Burnout
What is Burnout?
- Another word for it is overload.
- The straw that broke the camel's back.
- What about the warning signal on the dashboard?
Burnout is when we feel:
- Physical exhaustion
- Mental exhaustion
- Emotional exhaustion
Burnout affects our:
- Rest - Rest has always been important to God. Remember to keep the Sabbath day holy. Rest is important to the mind and body. Think about what happens to the computer without rest and being overloaded.
- Family - Family comes first.
- Exercise - Exercise is important because the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.
- Daily Devotions
- Time Management - The secretaries may be good here.
Avoiding Pastoral Burnout by Mary L. Rivera
Pastor's Retreat by my-pastor.com
Topic for October 2: Pastor Appreciation
Pastor Appreciation and Clergy Survey are the docments that Tom and Scott discussed.